Kingsford, Michigan sits adjacent to Iron Mountain and borders the Menominee River which divides Kingsford from Florence County, Wisconsin. Kingsford was the site of a Ford Motor Company factory which built wooden station wagon bodies beginning in 1931. During World War II, Ford manufactured more than 4,000 wooden frame Waco gliders for the military. Scrap wood from the factory was used to make charcoal and was the foundation for Kingsford Charcoal. Population was 5,133 at the 2010 census. Learn more here.